Pregnancy often calls for late night cravings and when you crave your favourite flourless chocolate cake which is 10,000km away from your home, well, you do the next best thing... bake it yourself... even at 10pm !!!
This melt in your mouth ooey gooey cake recipe is taken from the Primrose bakery cook book (click here to purchase), it's the first of their recipe that I try at home and seen the success of this one I really can't wait to try many others soon!
There was no time for a full step by step photo reportage as it was late night but here is a little glimpse of the final result, I served it with freshly whipped cream, strawberries and heart shaped sprinkles, just to stay in the Valentines mood :)
200g dark chocolate ( I used Valrhona 70%)
200g unsalted butter
4 large eggs (separating yolks and whites)
220g golden caster sugar
Cocoa powder or icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven at 180 C and grease a 23cm cake tin with butter
- In a heat resistant bowl, melt the chocolate pieces and butter over a bain marie stirring continuously
- In a separate bowl beat the egg yolks with half of the caster sugar, then fold in the melted chocolate and butter mixture, set aside.
- In a clean bowl whisk the egg whites to soft peaks and beat in the remaining sugar
- Fold the egg white mixture into the chocolate one being careful not to overmix it in order to keep it airy
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean
- Leave to cool
- Dust with cocoa powder or icing sugar
The result looks so delicious! Well done!ReplyDelete
Bonjourchiara Facebook Page
So delicious photos!ReplyDelete
OMG la voglio!!!!!ReplyDelete