Monday, September 19, 2011

Making the Red Velvet Cupcake


To me there are 2 important factors which make a cupcake "the best cupcake":

1- Use the best ingredients and organic when available
2- Work on your swirl - every top cupcake bakery has its signature swirl

My swirl for the Red Velvet cupcake is inspired by the famous NY Crumbs Bake Shop (It looks more rustic and for me the red velvet is a rustic cupcake)

To bake these cupcakes I used 2 different recipes: the Hummingbird bakery recipe for the sponge and the Magnolia Bakery recipe for the fluffy vanilla icing.

Enjoy ;)
                               
*Mixing the butter and the sugar till light and fluffy*

*I use an ice-cream scoop to divide the batter in the cupcake cases*



*You may cut the top of the cupcake to even them out once cooked and crumble up the leftovers for the decoration*



19 comments:

  1. gnammy.thanks dear.i'm following you.xoxo mininuni

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow they are looking so yummy, following eachother ?, yes I'm following you now, hope you will follow back ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. your header is suuuuper cute...one of my favorites!!

    http://www.brunetteletters.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have just made my day!!! Red velvet cupcakes are my favorites!
    Following your delicious blog!


    tina
    http://wherecanifindthe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. This looks SO delicious, I'm hungry right now ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I lvoe red velvet! your cupcakes are seriously so yummy looking!

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just talking yesterday with a friend about the amazing Red Velvet cupcakes she had baked! Yours look amazing!

    fashionthroughtravel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooo yummy!
    Great blog, really inspiring!
    Following! Follow back? <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I found your blog and I like it so much! It seems delicious, I have to try it!Come and visit my blog, and if you like it, follow me, I'll be waiting for you!

    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  10. yummy!! it seems so good! love it so so much!!
    xx
    Laura

    http://www.pursesandi.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmmm I like. Lovely blog. I follow you. Kisses. www.anydayispretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know what I've never never eaten a cupcake in my life;)
    These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yummie yummie

    that looks soooo great!!!


    ***xoxo
    http://miss-philo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete