Monday, October 10, 2011

Nikoi Island - Indonesia's hidden getaway

*Nikoi Island - Indonesia*

Only a 2 hour boat ride from Singapore and here you are on a paradise island surrounded by fine white sand beaches and emerald waters... A perfect weekend getaway!
 The tropical island also has a unique jungle which is home to one of the largest spiders (the Golden Orb Spider) and also many species of lizards, mangrove snakes and fruit bats. It is a luxury eco friendly island so nature lovers this is the place to go!
We were very lucky as we got to see the turtles hatching and that was simply spectacular! Here are some pictures I took during this weekend :) 


*The island is surrounded by coral reef which is amazing for snorkeling *

*Before the storm comes*

*Baby turtle*

*Hundreds of baby turtles making their way to the sea*

*Almost there :)*

*Away he goes*

*Baby lizard walking around*

*Entry to the jungle*

*Our very courageous jungle guide ... Can you spot the intruder? it's a baby golden orb spider (eeeeeek) - Adults are as big as our hand*

*Banana's for the fruit bats*

*Floating fishermen house*




19 comments:

  1. This is true Paradise =) lovely pics, wish I could fly there now !

    Fashion and Cookies
    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there thanks for the comment,follow it if u like it,nice pics btw!
    http://mwanwan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! it all looks amazing!What a great place! And to get to see the Turtles that must be Amazing! I envy you right now! lool
    I bet you having a great time!

    Hugs
    JK

    I am doing a giveaway hope you take part:
    http://mrkanerule.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-giveaway.html#

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that the Paradise? what a wonderful place! Great photos! You look so pretty in these photos! I like your style!
    Take a look at my blog, and if you like it, follow me, I'll be waiting for you!

    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is perfect and so is your blog!
    I've been a fan for a while now, keep it up :)

    Say Hi to your newest follower!

    Maybe you could check out mine and follow if you get time?

    Stoleninspiration.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is incredible! I'm so disappointed I didnt know of this gorgeous Island when i was visiting Indonesia (pays to do homework when travelling I think!) .. I was about to say the spiders would freak me out, when I realised I live in Australia, and we have some massive/scary ones also haha. Your photos are just incredible and do this place perfect justice.

    Anna xo

    http://lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice!amazing!!!

    www.glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow fantastic pictures!!!
    I follow you, too!! :)))

    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  9. so nice country!
    http://cookieswardrobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow beautiful pictures! : ) Love it.

    Check out our blog, please: http://cinderellaalert.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your blog this photos are amazing may be we can follow each other?

    ROWE

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, very impressing shots. like the one you're jumping at the beach:D so cool!

    love,
    ROSECANDLE11

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! the pics are amazing!! Great job!

    http://between-heels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow this looks like SUCH an amazing time (minus massive spiders). those images are beautiful and the turtles-soo adorable!


    XO Sahra
    EffortlessCool

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pictures! <3 I love Indonesia :)

    <3,
    Cameele

    ReplyDelete