Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Santa Monica and Malibu

*Spotted: heart shaped foam flying around Santa Monica*

SANTA MONICA
When talking about Santa Monica I believe that most people who are not so familiar with LA might think of the famous Santa Monica Pier or the 3rd street. On the 3rd street you will find a lot of high street brands like J Crew and Victoria's Secret, please don't get me wrong I love shopping in those stores, but this time I decided to look at the more "local" side of Santa Monica.

FARMERS MARKET
Your food will not get any fresher than this! Farmers Market in downtown Santa Monica is well worth a visit on Saturday or Wednesday mornings.

MONTANA AVENUE
This is one very charming avenue where you are sure to come across some unique shops, bakeries and specialty stores. From the renowned Shabby Chic boutique of Rachel Ashwell to the very italian inspired breakfast at Caffe Luxxe.

3 THINGS YOU CAN'T MISS OUT IN SANTA MONICA

For dinner:
Celebrity Chef Wolgang Puck's Chinois on Main: The best Asian fusion in town

Late night drinks:
The Viceroy hotel: Sip your Mojito in one of the poolside cabana's 

Breakfast:
Urth Cafe: The organic place to be

MALIBU
Malibu is a vast part of the L.A coastline and there are so many things to do; here are some of my must see places: 

Shopping:
Malibu Country Mart: for brands like Tory Burch, Alice + Olivia, Intermix, Planet Blue and there is also Nobu if you have a sushi crave during your shopping session;)

Breakfast:
Marmalade Cafe: Arnold Schwarzenegger's favorite! this is where you want to go for a proper american breakfast

Unique:
Paradise Cove: one of my favorite beach cafe's around and ideal for an afternoon at the beach 
Geoffrey's: It is very different from Paradise Cove but well worth a stop. Whilst at paradise cove you lunch on delicious burgers with your feet in the sand, at Geoffrey's you brunch on lobster cake benedict and champagne with a spectacular view.

Best surf:
Zuma beach

Get lost:
...and by this I mean that whilst you are driving on the PCH (pacific coast highway) you should adventure your self in the canyons to admire beautiful houses and spectacular views

Late night drinks:
Moonshadows: this has to be one of the most scenic places to have an aperitivo :)

*Fresh Japanese turnips at Santa Monica's Farmers Market*









*Paradise Cove - Malibu*

*Pacific Coast Highway*

*Malibu - Our friends cute husky Shiku, only 4 months old*

*Sunset in Malibu*

41 comments:

  1. Love. I am dying to go to Santa Monica! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The surf spot... and the furniture place... everything looks so dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photographs are stunning - they make me want to go there badly !
    Joanne

    http://www.balletpumpsandroses.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. again, gorgeous photos! Now I need to go to LA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to go there!! is it beautildm, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures! Definitely make me want to go to Santa Monica!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the sunset in malibu is so beautiful ^^ thanks for sharing your pics hun!

    love from the NANA girls xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Good to see you were in Cali too. I'll take note of this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures! I wish I could go to all these places!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos... it must be nice living in California! I wish I lived in a bigger city.. Santa Monica seems perfect! xoxo

    http://diaryofafashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures! I have never been...Add that to my extremely long list of places to go!

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing pictures! Love the shabby shic stores!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love santa monica! wish i could go back and check out these places...

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow - i would really love to be there!
    adorable <3

    XX the cookies
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was in Malibu last november and I loved it so much! Great pics!

    Alessia

    THE CHILI COOL


    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, nothing beats the beauty of California,


    Nathalie
    http://nathaliecalifornie.blogspot.com/

    My first blog Giveaway: http://nathaliecalifornie.blogspot.com/2012/04/mary-see-concours-carte-cadeaux.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pics!! Thats one thing I love about living in LA..a good Malibu sunset!

    Check our blog out!
    www.celebrityowned.com
    xx Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely pictures! Santa Monica is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely pics!

    - Alice

    http://stylist-diaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Santa Monica looks and sounds so fab!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE..and I mean LOVEEEEE that chabby chic store. I think that would be my very first visit if I ever get to Santa Monica. SO so amazing. You always do places such incredible justice with your photos.

    Anna xo

    http://lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  22. IT all looks amaaaaazing, hope to visit both some day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. these pics are soo great!! :)
    www.meryswardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow...What a post!!!!!
    the pictures are simply stunning and the article is so full of useful addresses!!!
    fantastic, my friend!!!
    a big ciao my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just love Santa Monica! You named some of my favorite spots. I loved strolling along Montana popping in and out of shops and stopping for a quick bite. Also love the Viceroy and nothing can beat the drive on up to Malibu. Sometimes I take the PCH and other times the back roads :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous pictures + the most intersting places info, your election to go around the local stores was great !! Sure you having so much fun !! enjoy it !!!

    www.andreadavo.es

    take care dear

    ReplyDelete
  27. This makes me want to take a trip to Cali ASAP!

    http://www.pattyandlo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Santa Monica looks fabulous. These photos are great. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  29. love this post girl<3
    following you
    mind if you follow me back?
    hope to hear from you soon
    xoxo Theo

    http://countryoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. i miss that town badly... i used to go to the beach in malibu all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow how did you spotted a heart shaped foam in the sky? sooo cool!!

    www.beckspick.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. very handy ;) you have a great blog !!

    ReplyDelete
  33. nice post and amazing pics

    i want to go there but its so far from spain

    kisses darling

    http://thetrendyfrog.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  34. You've brought back some great memories of when I used to live in SM. I worked on Montana ave for a couple years and Chinois on main was delicious!! I'm a new follower:)
    xo
    www.abitofsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I could easily waste a few hours at Pom Pom Interiors and Shabby Chic Couture - love. =)
    Satisfy Your Cravings For Celebrity Style and All Things Stylish and Sweet

    ReplyDelete
  36. So cute pics ! Come to visit my page and follow me if you love it !
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete