Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The after-party glitz & glamour!

*Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture*

The reason why I look forward to the Awards season so much is mostly because of the red carpet, I love watching the interviews and mostly admire the beautiful dresses. 
Last sunday was the Oscars where usually some of the most stunning dresses make their way but this year I have to tell you that I was a little disappointed, I didn't find 1 dress that gave me the WOW factor... everyone is talking about how the best dressed nomination goes to Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture, yes she did look amazing but the dress still didn't give me the WOW factor, maybe because it's not my style of dress...

This year I preferred the after-party looks, here is my selection:

The monochrome trend:

*Natalie Portman wearing Dior*

*Diane Kruger wearing Giambattista Valli*

*Nina Dobrev wearing Naeem Khan*

The plunging neckline trend:

*Nicole Richie wearing Roberto Cavalli*

*Irina Shayk wearing Stephane Rolland*

*Miranda Kerr wearing Valentino*


Photo's from: http://www.people.com/people/ & google images


19 comments:

  1. I like the fact that there was a lot of monochrome this year
    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some gorgeous dresses at the Oscars!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and very unique dresses. Jennifer's Dior dress is gorgeous.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jen's dress but Nina's after party dress is amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nina Dobrev's dress!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean, I'm not completely blown away either. I was by JL's adorable interview about tripping though!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer Lawrence was so outstanding! I liked also Miranda Kerr look! Kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. There were some really lovely looks at the after parties. Natalie Portman's dress is stunning.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous dresses. Miranda Kerrr and Natalie Portman's desses are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the gowns! Miranda, Nina and Nicole look stunning.

    -Vogue&Heels
    vogueandheels.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've also been looking for new fashion blogs to follow -- looks like you're the one! I can't wait to see more of your posts; I'll be adding you to my fashion blog followers list! <3

    The Queen of Hearts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jennifer looked stunning in pink Dior - she was the hands down winner in my opinion.
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was pretty underwhelmed myself. Although, I did love Naomi Watt's Armani Prive gown!

    Aisha
    www.themiddleofhere.com

    ReplyDelete